- I cannot say enough great things about Carl and his team: Rocky and Jose. Let me start by saying how I chose to go with Natural Texas. We just moved into...
- Love their work! I will put a few pictures on the page.
- Carl and his crew were excellent!!!! They took very good care of me and my girlfriend and listen to what we liked as well as added plenty of knowledge about...
- We have used 2 other land clearing firms before finding Natural Texas. By far, Carl and his team performed an outstanding job. They clearly have a passion for the excellent work they perform. Great communication on the process and are attuned to our goals for our wildlife management and enjoyment of the property—and bring value added suggestions as well given their extensive experience. We will be using them on an ongoing basis!
- I cannot say enough great things about Carl and his team: Rocky and Jose. Let me start by saying how I chose to go with Natural Texas. We just moved into a neighborhood with acreage lots and I was looking for a company to come and clear our 2 acre lot of cedars and tall brush. I literally interviewed and got bids from 7 different companies. Carl was the fourth guy I spoke with and I was instantly aware of how different he was from the others. He didn't want to just come in and clear out everything, but take note of what was there and what could be left for wildlife. He pointed out all of the native Texas plants on our property and told me about all the ways wildlife could enjoy it. I was totally on board! My only holdup was the idea of his daily rate. I was worried that could add up quickly if they couldn't do the job in the time he estimated (he said just 2 days but others quotes me 4-7 days). They came in and started working just before 8am and left before 3pm both days. Not only did they clear out a majority of the cedar trees and brush, but they also worked with me to create several little special places on our land. For instance, one live oak tree is still surrounded by cedars but the ones closer to it were cleared out so the oak tree is centered in the middle of it's own little hideaway cove. No one else pointed this out to me but Carl had this idea from the start. Rocky and Jose gave me the option of taking those cedars out too but once I saw how neat that little area was I absolutely wanted to keep it. My kids say that's their favorite part of the yard now! So excited to have more beautiful usable space all over our property and to see it really come to life this spring. They also pruned a few of our oak trees closer to the house for us, and kept a few lower limbs for the kids to hang on. Love how much care they took with us and how they really helped us to transform our land. Don't let the lack of reviews deter you from trying them out! You won't be disappointed with Natural TX!
Welcome to Natural Texas
Satisfying Customers Since 1981
land is different, each acre is different. Most all land have unique
points of interest, a snag, brook, a mosaic of meadows with forest with
all their possibilities in an ocean of unchecked competition. Our
philosophy is that if you don’t remove it you do not have to plant it.
Our experienced eyes see the value of specific Texas native plants,
trees obscured by their competition (clutter).
Removing this clutter reveals the lay of the land (for development) as well as it’s character (your home place). Our work of Selective Land Clearing is land stewardship care practices that becomes your Natural Texas landscape, as well as, for whom it is being developed for. Restored Natural systems then function (preserved) as they should. This is what stewardship is about and it is what Natural Texas is about “Preservation of our Natural Texas Land.”
Meet The Owner
a Native Texan attending 4th grade Rosedale Elementary, he benefited
from Mrs Becks biology class 1950’s mission of introducing Austin kids
to our Natural Texas Heritage with a trip to Friday Mountain Day Camp.
That Spring school trip hooked him on the beauty of the Texas Landscape,
the Blueness of Texas Sky, and Wonderfully Rushing Creek Water Pure and
Carl interest in tree care predates Certified Arborist (he was one of the first in Austin, Texas). In the 80 & 90’s (as Trees Unlimited) he coined Selective Land Clearing for Clients building in the Hill Country who did not want their place to look like suburbia they where moving from. This root of experience grew Natural Texas.
What We Offer
Land Restoration & Preservation
Urban sensibilities & Rural Praticality
Selective Land Clearing
Select the Best & Mulch the Rest
And Many More!
What Sets Us Apart
Having a forestry mower in the late 90’s was not mainstream. Bulldozers ruled. Now forestry mowers are mainstream too. Carl is proud to have been a pioneer. Courses in prescribed fire by Red Buffalo, Invasive Species International meeting at the Lady Bird Wildlife Center, Wild land fire fighting 101 & 102 with the Texas Forest Service, International Organic Farming and Gardening Conferences, and innumerable continuing education by Texas Forest Service, Texas Parks and Wildlife, National Resource Conservation Service, Texas Agrilife, and Texas Master Naturalist. Natural Texas keeps learning and innovating.
Read Why Our Customers Choose Us!